Welcome to Ashdell
We are aware that a child’s first step into full time education is very important and that it must be a positive and happy experience. Choosing a school for your daughter is one of the most important decisions you make as a parent. At Ashdell we believe we offer the girls the very best start in Iife. Your daughter will receive a diverse and dynamic education which she will enjoy in a calm, happy and secure environment. Your daughter will gain in confidence and initiative, work hard, learn to think independently, ask questions and strive for the very best she can achieve.
Our extensive extra-curricular programme offers learning opportunities beyond the classroom and our popular before and after school provision allows peace of mind for working parents.
The atmosphere in and around the school is industrious yet fun as the girls engage in their learning. The curriculum is both broad and challenging, allowing the girls the chance to benefit from specialist teaching from a young age.
I am proud to be the Headmistress of Ashdell which is situated in lovely grounds, the school is often described as a “hidden gem of Broomhill”.
We pride ourselves on ensuring our girls are fully prepared for transition at 11+, just as prep schools are intended to do. Our recent successes include places at Cheltenham Ladies’ College, Oakham, Repton, St Peter’s School (York), Abbotsholme ( Staffordshire) and, more locally, Sheffield High School.
You don’t have to wait for our open days to come and visit, a normal school day quite often gives parents the chance to see us doing what we do best, ‘teaching and learning’, so please arrange to come and see us. I would be delighted to welcome you to our school and show you around.
- Hope the weather stays dry for P2 river day in and around Hathersage tomorrow.
about 8 hours ago
- Showstoppers arriving for judging at 1pm http://t.co/aJljMS5fpV
about 2 days ago
- Family and Friends day tomorrow 1-3 all welcome, Lots of activities planned and Ashdell Bake Off judged by Howard Middleton. See you there.
about 3 days ago
- Congratulations to everyone involved in the swimming gala tonight, some amazing swims!! Congratulations to the winning house Rivelin.
about 4 days ago
- Good luck to all the Prep girls involved in the Ashdell Swimming Gala tonight, who will be crowned House Champions...
about 4 days ago